This version is tasty and I find it good enough without putting any sweetener in it.
- 1 cup Spinich, kale, or any other high density nutritious greens mixed or alone.
- Zuchini sliced
- Avocado half or whole depending on the size.
- Zest from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lime chopped
- Coconut water. I like Zola brand with pulp.
- Fresh fruit or frozen. Strawberries or blueberries work great.
- 1/2 cup of water.
Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend to a smooth mix. Add more water if it’s too thick.
One thing new that I did in 2016 was to start shaving with a safety razor. It is an enjoyable experience but it is a skill which requires patience and thoughtful practice. The main thing to learn is how to shave with very light pressure. One of the things that helped me was to think of shaving off the cream and not pressing down to shave the whiskers.
At any rate, here are my top razor blades that I have enjoyed using this year:
- SuperMax Super Platinum. I love these blades. They are very smooth and sharp enough to get the job done.
- Lord Platinum. Just a bit sharper than no. 1 but very good.
- Laser Platinum Triple Coated. Very smooth and maybe a bit less sharp Supermax.
- Personna Red. Quite sharp and somewhat smooth.
- Feather. The sharpest blade out there. They feel dangerous just holding the razor in your hand. Don’t use this as a beginner but if you need something really sharp, this is it.
This video by Aquarium Co-op has a good discussion of substrates for planted tanks. One which he mentions is Eco-Complete by Caribsea. This looks like a good possible choice for the 55 gallon tank I am considering setting up next year.